When a new trend comes out, once 6-12 months have passed and everyone has done it and it's no longer fashionable or new anymore, I tend to hear about it and get involved. This happened with skinny jeans which I detested and mocked for months before noticing that everyone was wearing them and they actually looked nice, and it's just happened again with avocado buns which a few months ago were something I screenshotted on Instagram and now appear on restaurant menus.
low carb bread recipe, or even shape the cauliflower crust pizza mix into bun shapes and use that.
- Take an avocado that you're pretty sure is in perfect condition and at the perfect stage of ripeness, it's going to need to look good as, let's face it, the very point of having one is to photograph it!
- Cut it in half, though not lengthways as you usually would, but the other way
- Peel it, taking great effort not too mark it too much as you do, because, photo
- Cut a little piece off the bottom so it has a flat bottom and will stand up independently
- Prepare your fillings, I just sliced an onion and tomato but next time I'll be slightly more experimental
- Pop the first piece on the bottom, then add your fillings, then pop the top piece on
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on, if you have them, I didn't!
- Take photo's, post them on Instagram, then dissemble, cut up and eat, as there's no way you'll be able to eat it normal burger style!
If you do give it a try I'd love to know what you think, did you eat it like a burger? Do you think I've been a bit harsh? Is this an Instagram fad that'll just blow over?