Hello! I hope you're all feeling festive and have been enjoying my Christmassy posts! In the spirit of Christmas I am hosting a Christmas giveaway! This is to say thank you for all the new people who've followed me and read my blog this year. It includes lots of things that you need to make or serve some of the festive drinks that I've been doing on here. Some of the items are gifted PR samples and others are things that I've got myself. If you've been reading my posts over the past few weeks you'll recognise some of the things from the posts.
There's two parts to the giveaway, an international part and a UK only part. The alcohol can only be posted to the UK, but the other items can be posted anywhere at all!
This giveaway will end on Tuesday night and will be posted on Wednesday 23rd December 2015 Special delivery which will mean the UK winner will get it on Christmas Eve, and the international winner will get their prize soon after, like a late Christmas present!!
Entering is so easy, you can:
- Find me on twitter or instagram (I'm called vatkinary on both), find the giveaway photo that I have just posted, follow me and repost it.
- Follow me on Bloglovin or Pinterest
- Google plus the blog
- If you do all five, each will count as one entry so you can enter five times effectively
- Whichever you've done, comment here and tell me that you've done it, and tell me whether you're entering the international, giveaway or the UK one, then cross your fingers and wait!
A little bit about what's included:
- BLOOM gin- one full sized 70cl bottle- this is just the most lovely gin, as you might guess from the name, it has an almost sweet taste due to the blend of honeysuckle, chamomile and pomelo. It comes in a beautiful tall green bottle and is delicious just with tonic, or with lemonade, especially the new no calorie/sugar rose lemonade I recently discovered in Asda!
- Ophir gin- one full sized 70cl bottle I write about Ophir Gin in this Gin and tonic with a twist post. Another beautiful gin, this one has an almost spicy taste and is so so fragrant. The taste is so distinctive, you could even drink it alone- perhaps in the shot glasses below!
- LSA Lulu liqueur glasses- I've talked before about how much I love mismatched glasses where each glass has it's own style. I love LSA glasses and they do quite a lot of sets like this. Perfect for serving after dinner drinks in, or for helping you to exercise portion control when drinking as they're like normal glasses, just tiny!
- John Lewis champagne saucers- set of two. I fluctuate between preferring champagne flutes or saucers, but at the moment I am loving saucers, less so after a few drinks as they become more difficult to balance and contain your drinks in... (learnt that lesson the hard way!) These glasses are so elegant and are perfect for serving champagne/ cava/ prosecco in as well as cocktails.
- Sagarform Sparq round bottom whiskey glasses. these are the perfect gift for a whiskey lover. They have an unstable base which means that they rock when you put them down, they seem unstable but they are perfectly balance and will make a fun talking point as well as aerating your whiskey! They're also a nice big size so you can have a lovely generous serving of whiskey, and come in a lovely box so they're a perfect gift!
- Sagaform Sparq soapstone tulip shot glasses. these were in my Christmas gift guide, and they're again a great present for someone who you're a bit stuck to buy gifts for. They're made from recycled organic soapstone, you keep them in the freezer, then take them out just before serving. They cool the drink by almost 30 degrees which is perfect as lots of shots aren't necessarily drinks that you desperately always like the taste of, so the colder the better in my opinion. They come in a lovely box as well making them perfect gift fodder!
- Cocktail R-evolution Molecular Mixology kit. OK so I've not used this yet, but am desperate to have a go. I'm obsessed with quirky cocktails and love cocktail bars like the Alchmeist where your drinks come with dry ice or special foams, and this set helps you to do lots of these sorts of things. There's everything you need in there to make some really fun cocktails, including foams, 'caviars' spheres of mojitos, and layers of cocktails.
- Julep cups. I love these, mint juleps are actually quite low carb when you make them with sweetener rather than sugar, and I'm planning on posting a recipe on how to make them very soon. These stainless steel cups really give them the edge when you're serving them, even more so if you use the straws below!
- Two sets of striped paper straws. Not much to say about these really, they're just lovely festive paper straws that make any normal cocktail look instantly more Instagrammy/ Pinterest worthy.
And that's everything! Lots of great stuff there that I love so I think you will too!
Remember if your account is private on Instagram I won't be able to see your repost, so make sure you follow me and then comment on here telling me that you have!
Good luck and Merry Christmas!!
* Contains PR samples