One of the worst things if not the worst things about eating low carb is missing bread. I have already got one low carb bread recipe under my belt that I whip out pretty regularly and that you can see here, but have lately been loving this, slightly more dense but very tasty one. Its pretty expensive to make but lasts for ages and tastes delicious.
This recipe makes a very small loaf, but you may even want to half it and make an even smaller loaf as it is dense and can take some getting through. Plus it's so easy to make, much easier than making normal bread so it's no great hardship to make more when you need it.
You will need:
- 5 eggs
- 500g of mixed nuts and seeds- I use whichever I have around but typically at least 5 different ones altogether including chia seeds, linseeds/flaxseeds and
- About 50ml olive oil
- Mix all the nuts and seeds together and then halve them.
- Put half in a food processor and process until they're fine like flour- be careful not to process for too long as they might start turning into nut butter! Set them aside
- Put the other half in the food processor and process briefly until they're broken up roughly
- Beat the eggs and add all the ingredients together
- Pour into a smallish loaf tin and bake at 170degrees for 45 mins, after that take it out, put a knife into the bread, if there's any moisture from the inside of the loaf bake for a further 10 minutes, or until the knife comes out clean
- Top with butter/mashed avocado/whatever you like and enjoy!