Well, I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I tried it for the first time over the weekend and it was amazing first time and so so simple. I can see myself making this very regularly from now on. The thing I like the most about it is that I am always struggling to find things that I can have for breakfast without cooking and this exactly hits that spot. Another great thing about it is that I didn’t have to go shopping for any ingredients as I made it with things that I already had in and that I do usually have in.
You will need:
· 1.5 cups of mixed nuts- I used a mixture of pecans, almonds, cashews and hazlenuts
· 1 cup of mixed seeds- I used a mixture of linseeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
· 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
· 2 teaspoon of mixed spice
Then it really is so simple:
· Put the nuts into a food processor and chop them roughly- you can also do this with a knife but it’s pretty hard work!
· Add the seeds to the chopped nuts and mix together well
· Add the coconut oil and mix well until combined- it’s easiest to do this with your hands as your hands melt the coconut oil
· Add the mixed spice and stir well together
· Pop the mixture onto a baking tray and then into an oven that heated to 150˚c for 20 minutes- take the mixture out half way though to stir it to stop it burning
· Remove from the oven and pop into an airtight container- I used a jar
That’s it! It’s so good and so easy. I ate some of mine layered with greek yoghurt and then sprinkled dried rose petals over the top- delicious!